The new medium density codes are a long-anticipated state government policy release, aimed at improving housing quality, diversity and affordability in the west Australian domestic market. Applying the design principles in the code will allow developers to take advantage of a raft of new infill development opportunities through the new planning controls, concessions, design deliverables and dwelling typologies within it.
If you have a sound understanding of the new Medium Density Codes and how to apply them can start sourcing, modelling and acquiring development sites that you can add value to in new and profitable ways. In undertaking this course, you will have the skills to:
- Navigate the new planning framework and assess site yield correctly
- Study the market for opportunities that others are not yet aware of
- Source development sites using new dwelling typology mixes and strategies
- become aware of key site specific design risks, before you commit to purchasing a site
- Understand where all the new threats and opportunities are as we transition to the new MD codes and planning framework
Do you want these skills? It should be a resounding yes. In fact you cant afford not to have these skills and the know how around the new Medium Density Code framework, or you will get left behind.
On completion of this course, you are going to have the knowledge required to achieve better outcomes with sourcing, evaluating and closing on property development deals in the medium density infill space in WA.