This is a fully online property development training course, that compliments the foundations laid in the Infill Property Developer E-Book. The course is logically structured into 14 online learning modules to educate you in greater detail about small lot subdivision and suburban infill development in Western Australia.
Each module consists of a powerpoint presentation and discussion in which topics and themes from the correlating e-Book chapter are explored further with in depth explanations, examples and expert advice. Where appropriate, external industry professionals have been invited to contribute to the module discussions and share their expertise. Each module is typically between 1-2 hours of listening and viewing time, with slides and text provided for note-taking and future reference. The modules covered are:
- Development Strategy and Principles
- Taxation and Accounting
- Development instruments and processes
- Statutory Compliance: State Planning
- Statutory Compliance: Local Planning
- Design Concessions and Variations
- Site Acquisition
- Feasibility Studies
- Feasibility Considerations
- Subdivision Applications (land development component)
- Design, Tender and Construct (dwelling development component)
- Title Production
- Sales and Marketing
In addition, there is a bonus set of “Tools of the Trade” tutorials at the end of the course module progression , where you are provided with templates and shown how to use them. This will allow you to put theory into practice and apply what you have learnt to your own projects. These tools and activities are:
- how to use feasibility excel spreadsheets (simplified version and underwriting version),
- dissecting a WAPC decision letter and creating a simplified project schedule (using microsoft excel) and
- using software to create a project program (Gantt chart using Gantt Project).
These tutorials will provide you with essential due diligence and project management skills and tools for use in the real world on your own projects.
This course is essential if you want to avoid costly mistakes on your own projects and become a successful small lot infill property developer. The course is designed to be accessible, affordable, flexible, and above all to provide all the information you need in the one place for ease of use.